The Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Charger is a waterproof, shockproof, dustproof dual USB port solar battery for emergency use, outdoor camping and travel.
This power battery is a popular companion to the off-grid traveller. It is water-resistant and durable.
- The Apollo 2 is an upgraded solar charger that delivers a fast charging speed. The maximum output of dual ports is 3.4 amps
- Ample Power Supply - 12000mAh power bank puts 4.5 charges into an iPhone 6s, or 3 charges into a Samsung Galaxy S5, and more than one charge to an iPad Mini
- Outdoor Compact Design - The housing is built-with IPX7 waterproof material. That ensures the Apollo 2 works in rainy days
- It is shockproof and dust-proof
- The hook included makes it easy to hang on your backpack
- Adjustable LED Flashlight - Built-in dual LED lights. There are 3 light modes, including an SOS function in an emergency
What You Get:
- Poweradd Apollo x 1
- Micro USB Cable x 1
- Hook x 1
- Feedback Card x 1
- User Manual x 1
- 24-Month limited product Poweradd warranty
- Friendly customer support
Product Dimensions 5.9 x 3 x 0.6 inches
Item Weight 9.6 oz.
Shipping Weight 10.4 ounces
Battery Type: Li-Polymer Battery Cell
Output: 5V/2.4A*2, 5V/3.4A total
The Pros & Cons
- The power bank is waterproof, but you cannot immerse it into water. Don’t put the power bank in water or leave them in damp situation
- Keep the power bank away from heat sources or flammable places
- Do not leave it in a car for a long time during the day, especially in summer. High temperature may damage the power bank
- PowerAdd power pack comes with a carabineer to attach it to your gear when you hit the trails
- Fully charge it every three months to extend its lifespan
- Instructions are awful
- Buttons are difficult to press; sometimes lights flash or cycle
- When charging the phone some just stop charging the phone. Depressing the power button gets it charging again
- When you drain the battery on the trail you're done. The recharge from solar is very slow and best done using a power outlet
There were some questions from customers and some concerns listed below.
Question: How durable is it?
- The Poweradd Apollo 2 is very well made. It can handle rough outdoor activity
- The Poweradd is very durable, and works well for the price. It has survived being thrown into my car, is taken on backpacking trips, and camping. The prongs inside the USB port got bent and rendered the port useless. I contacted customer support and they replaced it promptly with no questions asked.
Question: Why does the PowerAdd turn itself off after my phone went to sleep, and wouldn't finish charging?
- Make sure your Poweradd Apollo 2 is fully charged before charging the cell phone.
Question: Does this work for a galaxy phone and note 5?
- Yes, it works for anything plugged into it. It worked on my iPhones and iPad without any issues.
Customers the portable Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Charger is a 12000mAh Portable Power Bank.
It is waterproof, shockproof and dust proof.
The dual USB ports and solar panels can charge the battery for emergency outdoor use and camping travel.
The comments from customers varied from ‘excellent’, like: "This Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Powered Powerbank is such a great product. You will absolutely love this product!"
There were also comments to indicate the product was ineffective, but the after sales service was exceptional.
- One customer said the after sales service was good. The seller tried to make sure the buyer was satisfied and offered him a full refund when it was returned.
- Another customer had a problem with durable battery bank. PowerAdd's customer service sent a replacement product for the defective one. He said that rest assured, PowerAdd will do its best to make it right.
It can take up to 14.7 hours just to charge up this PowerAdd power pack using a USB, so this model will need an over night charge. It supports pass through charging. That could be important if you have this power pack connected to your computer for charging.
Used as a single outlet charger this unit works well, except it's slow for USB charging.
If it rans out of power the gadgets start running on solar.
The Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Charger panel is portable battery with a small solar backup capacity for small devices.
Some customers say it’s a great charger and highly recommend it.
Others found issues that required attention and got very good customer service from the selling agents.