The Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Charger is a durable, water resistant, shockproof, dust proof solar battery with dual USB ports for emergency use, outdoor camping and travel.
This charger can be charged from a wall socket before initially heading out. That way you can charge your devices with it on the first night out, leave it out all day in the sun at the camp to recharge and use it to power gadgets at the same time.
The battery holds enough charge for your smartphone and tablet. The good thing is that while it is slow to replenish its battery from the small panel, the Apollo 2 will charge your smartphones and iPad at a good speed. This Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Charger when its fully charged is fast, powerful and efficient and fits into your pocket!
This power battery is a popular companion to the off-grid traveller. It is included in our buying guide as a good buy.
This device is really a portable battery with the ability to recharge with its small solar panel. It is well suited for short camping trips, or general hiking over a day or so. One drawback is that your USB charging cables are like mobile phone cables, they need to be carried to operate but they are not catered for.
Find a soft case to hold the Apollo 2 (as you might do for your phone) and its cables when travelling to prevent the solar panel getting damaged or the cables being lost.
The Apollo 2 is an upgraded solar charger that delivers a fast charging speed. The maximum output of dual ports is 3.4 amps
What You Get:
There were some questions from customers and some concerns listed below.
Question: How durable is it?
- The Poweradd Apollo 2 is very well made. It can handle rough outdoor activity
- The Poweradd is very durable, and works well for the price. It has survived being thrown into my car, is taken on backpacking trips, and camping. The prongs inside the USB port got bent and rendered the port useless. I contacted customer support and they replaced it promptly with no questions asked.
Question: Why does the PowerAdd turn itself off after my phone went to sleep, and wouldn't finish charging?
- Make sure your Poweradd Apollo 2 is fully charged before charging the cell phone.
Question: Does this work for a galaxy phone and note 5?
- Yes, it works for anything plugged into it. It worked on my iPhones and iPad without any issues.
Customers say the portable Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Charger is a 12000mAh Portable Power Bank.
It is very water resistant, shockproof and dust proof.
The dual USB ports and solar panels can charge the battery for emergency outdoor use and camping travel.
The comments from customers varied from ‘excellent’, like: "This Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Powered Powerbank is such a great product. You will absolutely love this product!"
There were also comments to indicate the product was ineffective, but the after sales service was exceptional.
- One customer said the after sales service was good. The seller tried to make sure the buyer was satisfied and offered him a full refund when it was returned.
- Another customer had a problem with durable battery bank. PowerAdd's customer service sent a replacement product for the defective one. He said that rest assured, PowerAdd will do its best to make it right.
It can take around 14.7 hours just to charge up this PowerAdd power pack using a USB in full sun, so this model will need an over night charge. A good feature is that it supports pass through charging. That could be important if you have this power pack connected to your computer for charging.
Used as a single outlet charger this unit works well, except it's slow for USB charging.
If it rans out of power the gadgets will start running using the solar.
The Poweradd Apollo 2 Solar Charger panel is portable battery with a small solar panel as a backup capacity for small devices. It is a powerful, small sturdy charger.
Some customers say it’s a great charger and most highly recommend it.
Where issues required attention purchasers say they got very good customer service from the distributing agents.