RAvPower The Solar Charger RAVPower 24W Solar Recharging Kit with Triple USB ports waterproof foldable solar panel is a rugged, durable, weatherproof smartphones, tablets and camping travel recharger.
You can charge up from the USB or its solar panel. Keep those cameras, phones and tablets charged, in all kinds of weather.
- Field reliable: it’s durable and waterproof. Constructed with waterproof nylon and equipped with four hooks to hang anywhere
- Packaged with two micro-USB cables for added convenience
- Signature Solar Cells: 24W Sunpower solar charging technology gives 21.5% - 23.5% efficiency of charging
- Easy To Carry: Half the weight of similar solar chargers but equal in power
- All three USB ports are equipped with iSmart technology, which automatically detects and delivers the optimal charging current for connected devices; up to 2.4A per port or 4.8A overall when used under direct sunlight
- Triple Port Power: Smart IC frequency technology detects and evenly distributes output current to all three USB ports ensuring every device is evenly charged
Embrace the power of the sun.
The Solar Charger RAVPower 24W Solar Panel with Triple USB Ports Waterproof Foldable for Smartphones Tablets and Camping Travel is a solar powered portable charger. It utilizes the sun's rays to charge your smartphones and tablets.
In your package you get:
- 1 x RAVPower 24W Triple-Port Outdoor Solar Charger
- 4 x Stainless Steel Hooks
- 2 x Micro USB Cables
Constructed using premium Sunpower solar cells with a charging efficiency of 21.5% - 23.5%.
Power your portable devices directly from the sun whenever you are outside.
Light and Portable - solar chargers need to be light to carry, set up, and use. This solar charger is 26.4 oz (754g) is half the size of similar chargers. It’s capable of generating enough energy to charge three devices.
Charge Smarter - iSmart technology detects and delivers the optimal charging current for any connected device. The technology ensures your devices get the fastest and most efficient charge. When under direct sunlight, all three ports are individually capable of reaching 2.4A.
Power for All – With more multiple USB ports one device could charge faster than the others. The Smart IC chip regulates the flow of energy so every device charges at an even and constant rate.
Hang It or Lay It - stretch it across a tree, place it on the ground, or hang it off your backpack. There are four stainless steel hooks to position it directly under the sun so your devices will charge. If the elements change, the waterproof nylon covering protects the solar panels. There’s the pouch that ensures your devices stay dry.
Product Dimensions 11.8 x 6.5 x 0.2 inches inches
Item Weight 1.65 pounds
Shipping Weight 3.5 pounds
The Pros & Cons
- Built-in Micro USB and 2 cables help efficient, tangle-free charging of phones and tablets
- Very HIGH output! Excellent charger for its size!
- Wonderful BUILD Quality
- 3 USB ports - Most of these chargers on the market only have 2 ports
- RACPower offers excellent customer support
- The pouch that houses the USB ports seems to be waterproof - It has a DWP coating on the inside!! Excellent
- Simple to use
Most customers liked this multi-purpose solar charging device.
There were some questions as well.
- Do the solar panels bend in a backpack or break?
- They don’t roll up, but they fold compactly and are easy to connect to objects using the carabineers with rope
- The panels are stiff, sturdy and do not break easily. I had one that got blown off of my car while camping during very high winds. The panels did not crack, but the connection came loose
- They are somewhat flexible. I've packed them tight in my backpack and it was ok
- Can I charge 6v & 12v batteries.
- Does the solar panel prevent back-flow of electricity from charged battery to solar panel, so panel cannot be damaged?
- The pack will not charge 12v and 6v batteries, but I’ve found they’re rapid at charging small devices in full summer sun.
- Does heat (45 Degree C) effect their efficiency?
- They charge phones, power banks, torches, and iPads really quickly. With solar, temperature has an impact. Higher temperatures will reduce output but generally you have more sun too. I live where direct sun and extreme heat go together. Make sure your phone or device is in the shade when it's being charged. Phones and battery packs can’t handle much heat.
- Does it have internal batteries to store power?
- No. It connects to your devices or external batteries, which you bring to store the solar energy.
The RAVPower 24W Solar Recharging Kit folding panel is portable backup for small devices.
Customers say it’s a great charger and highly recommend it.
It has no proprietary connectors so it can be easily connected.
It has USB cords but using a longer USB cord will keep the panels in the sun and the phone (with it’s sensitive lithium battery) in a shadier place.
The carabineers, when used with rope effectively keep the panel stabilized. They can attach to a backpack while hiking to keep the charge going while walking.
The entire panel folds into the size of an exercise notebook. Put it in your carry on luggage when flying to prevent it from being damaged.
This product could be combined with portable lithium battery packs and a longer USB input to achieve all small device power needs.
The external lithium battery will make sure your charge is uninterrupted due to a cloud or shade and hold onto some extra night time power.