The Renogy E.Flex 5W Portable Solar Panel is a robust, waterproof and dust proof USB portable solar panel for emergency use, outdoor camping and travelling.
The Renogy E.Flex 5W Plus is the perfect companion to the off-grid traveler.
With a water-resistant & durable exterior, this panel can go anywhere you want to go!
Product Description Of Renogy E.Flex 5W
Renogy E.Flex 5W Plus uses automatic charge optimization to recover from reduced power that is caused by shade.
When you're back in the sun your Renogy E.Flex 5W Plus will automatically determine your charging requirements.
Also, the Renogy E.Flex 5W Plus comes with two carabineers & four suction cups for mounting.
You can charge any portable USB device with this portable solar power source!
Pros & Cons
Question: What is the difference between the Renogy E.Flex 5W and 5W Plus models?
- The 5W uses regular monocrystalline cells (18% efficient) while the 5W Plus uses premium monocrystalline cells (22% efficient)
Question: Are the panels rigid, or are they flexible?
- The panels are rigid with very little flex between the folding panels
Question: Can this be used to power a 5w wireless camera? Is this charger water resistant? Can it be placed outdoors?
- The 5W solar panel will produce peak amperage of 0.96 Amps. This would not be enough to power your camera. The panel does not have a battery or a way to store power.
Question: How much does the 5W model weigh?
- Renogy E.Flex5W Plus weight is 5.6 oz.
Most customers gave the device a good rating.
Here are some of the comments:
- "I've been pretty happy with this charger so far. It's done a good job of charging iPads, phones and the external power pack battery. It travels well. The loops for tying the panel down work well. When folded up, I believe the case will protect it from rough handling."
- "I've used Renogy E.Flex 5W Plus in light rain and on a kayak. The panel can get wet but not the charge port to keep performance."
- My complaint is about delamination occurring in the top layer of the PV laminate. Some bubbles have appeared under the plastic. The cable for the USB plug should be more robust.
- I've taken this charger on camping and backpacking trips. My phone screen lights up every time the charger panel moves from sun to shade or back again when hiking. This makes my phone discharge faster than if the screen stayed off. With a battery bank this is not a problem. When I get to camp I normally plug my phone directly to the panel, provided that the sun is still out and there is no tree cover.
The Renogy E.Flex 5W Plus is a portable Solar Charger panel giving a solar backup capacity for small devices and battery.
However, if you want something more robust you might consider buying an external battery pack to keep you charged when the sun isn't shining.
Some customers say it’s a great unit and highly recommend it.
Please explore the other articles on the site and leave a comment below. Please feel free to pass this blog on.